Awakening the hero in all of us
DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF A GLOBAL MOVEMENT?We are looking for innovators, activists and problem-solvers who are impacting communities every day.
If given the right resources and support, does your work have the potential to elevate humanity and inspire others to act as engines for social good? If so, join us. Together we will help change the world.
WHAT WILL THE WINNERS RECEIVE?
As one of The Elevate Prize’s ten inaugural winners, you will receive:
- A minimum of USD $300,000 in funding shared between the individual hero and their affiliated entity
- Access to The Elevate Prize Foundation’s network of partners, executives and decision makers to aid in professional development and business guidance
- Annual convenings of all winners of The Elevate Prize for networking, idea sharing and educational workshops
- Support for growing, marketing, promoting and communicating the mission of the individual and the entity
- Tailored media campaigns aimed at amplifying work, building brand recognition and developing a fanbase to ultimately inspire others to contribute to the public good
How does The Elevate Prize work?
Any eligible individuals can submit an application. Whether you are deepening your work in one community or scaling your organization globally, we invite you to apply for The Elevate Prize to catalyze change and inspire the world.
If you know of a hero that you believe is deserving of this prize, please nominate them here and we will invite them to apply. If you’re an applicant, feel free to ask your mentors to nominate you as well.
The selection process begins following the June 29th application deadline. After an initial screening by The Elevate Prize Foundation and MIT Solve staff and community, 20 of the most promising submissions will be named Finalists.
10 PRIZE WINNERS
The Finalists will be invited to present to our prestigious panel of judges. From this group, ten winners will be selected to become The Elevate Prize global heroes.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
A demonstrated history of catalyzing positive impact.
The Elevate Prize is open to applicants with a demonstrated history of catalyzing social and/or environmental impact through their work and leadership.
Individual applicants must be affiliated with a legally established entity (formed either under U.S. law or the law of the country of residence) and must be at least 18 years old. Submissions must be written in English.
How will my application be evaluated?
The judging committee for The Elevate Prize will be comprised of experts and leaders from across industries, who will score the screened applications based on the following criteria:
- Proven Impact and a track record of success
- Feasibility including a plan for financial sustainability
- Scalability with significant future impact planning
- Capability including demonstration of necessary skills
- Exemplar: Applicant is a role model and has an inspiring story to tell
- Partnership Potential that would allow for a significantly larger audience
More detailed information can be found on the application.
Who should apply for The Elevate Prize?
The Elevate Prize is seeking leaders who are:
- Transformational and Innovative Leaders: Talented, skilled, and experienced pioneers who are addressing critical issues with powerful solutions.
- Purpose-Driven: We want to know why you are doing this work, why the issues you are tackling are important to you and your target community, and how you and your work can inspire others.
- Problem Solvers: How do you find solutions to this important issue? Have you been successful in the past?
- Radically Diverse: Whether you are an entrepreneur in Haiti, an artist in Bangladesh, a technologist in Germany, an activist in Brazil, or a doctor in Egypt, we want to hear from you!
- Resilient + Creative: We want to learn about your challenges and failures and how you have overcome them – and how you will do so in the future.
- At a Tipping Point: You’ve already driven impact and are well positioned to do much, much more.